Monday, November 14, 2011

Bergdorf Goodman Christmas/Holiday Windows 2011

mini display
mini display
Update: Bergdorf Goodman's Holiday/Christmas 2011 windows are definitely show stoppers. I think they should be placed in NYC's tourist attraction list. Whenever I walk by the store, I see clouds of people wow-ing over the beautiful work of BG's Visual Team.
I'd say that those are the most fantastic windows I've ever seen! The details are so intricate that my brain puzzles the idea if how much time was invested in creating such beautiful stories.
Bravo!

Winter holiday windows are the most important "window events" of any retail store, especially a fashion store. A humangous budget goes into creating a dream holiday spirit story for it's viewers.
I remember when I interned at Holt Renfrew's visual department at this exact season, so much work needed to be done for the special window displays. Yet, it paid off with a gorgeous story that Holts told its customers and window-shoppers.
Personally, I always wait with anticipation to see which store will out-do itself with its creativity. Let me tell you that I feel very lucky to be in New York during the unveiling of the Christmas windows of the best luxury retailers in the world. One of my favourite luxury retailers (not to shop, just to "dream shop", not earning $700k/yr just yet :)), Bergdorf Goodman, opened some of their windows already to project their beauty to the world of New Yorkers and clouds of tourists.
Their 2011 windows featured 19th century ladies riding horses, perhaps a carousel and their dates - horses. I think there is a slight "animalification" happening in windows of a few retailers. At BG's , it was somewhat tricky to understand why a lady is out with a human male body and a face of a horse. Is this a certain message to a male population?
Otherwise, the displays projected glamour, festivity, and beauty. I would definitely applaud the Visual Department :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...