During our stay n NY, we really wanted to live in Park Slope neighbourhood of Brooklyn as it is one of the best neighbourhoods in NYC as well as in the whole America (according to the New York Times).
We ended up living somewhere different, much different ...unfortunately. Yet, PS is were not far and me and Eli escape there daily.
Every day I was pleased to look at the beautifully crafted houses of PS. They reminded me of San Francisco buildings. Whenever I walk in that neighbourhood I feel so great, relaxed, and calm.
I probably say it for the first time, but I see myself living in this neighbourhood.
Yes yes yes, it is full of Bugaboo and Maclaren strollers, mothers, high chairs, and babysitters :) However, there are plenty of cool restaurants, bars, shops, coffee shops etc. A perfect mix!
Being a Curious Gorge by nature, I asked a lady sitting on her porch how housing works in those 4 storey attached brownstones. She said that most people own the whole building (as in 4 floors), however some rent them by floors. It could definitely be enough for a couple to live in. To rent one of those building would cost you around US $9,500 per building.
The only question for me was how do people get their strollers in and out of the house? This neighbourhood is super great for babies and kids, yet each building has probably around 20 steps to get to the front door and there is no front yard.
Whether you are a mama, papa, or just a Curious Monkey - I'd strongly suggest dedicating 1 day of your NYC trip and visiting a non-tourist neighbourhood in Brooklyn - Park Slope...and Prospect Park.
Being a Curious Gorge by nature, I asked a lady sitting on her porch how housing works in those 4 storey attached brownstones. She said that most people own the whole building (as in 4 floors), however some rent them by floors. It could definitely be enough for a couple to live in. To rent one of those building would cost you around US $9,500 per building.
The only question for me was how do people get their strollers in and out of the house? This neighbourhood is super great for babies and kids, yet each building has probably around 20 steps to get to the front door and there is no front yard.
Whether you are a mama, papa, or just a Curious Monkey - I'd strongly suggest dedicating 1 day of your NYC trip and visiting a non-tourist neighbourhood in Brooklyn - Park Slope...and Prospect Park.

No comments:
Post a Comment