Saturday, May 14, 2011

How to Lose Weight The Lazy Way

I am not a nutritionist nor a personal trainer, however I've been scooping a lot of information on loosing weight the healthy way...with minimal effort :) That's the key. Pregnancy weight had to come off!

While not having  time to work out during the day and being extremely tired during the evening (it's much better now), I always wondered if I was ever going to lose this nasty weight (muffin top included)and go back to my 105lbs (not that I was super toned & muscled up before :))

At first, my weight decreased gradually from 150lbs (that's after the birth-giving activity), to 145, 140, etc. It was 125lbs, then 120lbs  for a while. I have been stuck at 115lbs for about 2 month now :( I am not saying I am big, but there are definitely areas that could use significant improvement (you can guess which ones:)).

The trick is, I know exactly what I have to do. Yet, I disregard my knowledge and continue on with "unhealthy fat" habits.

So, here are  
"The Easy-Lazy" ways to stay fit that you've never heard of:

  1. Drink a lot of water. Apparently drinking a glass or 2 before your meal can get your stomach fuller, as you will eat less. I didn't use it much in my case, since I love [like most of other people] food, and water wouldn't stop me. However, I did see a progress during the 2 days I've tried this method.
  2. Lots of stroller walking [that's if you are a new mommy]. I've used to spend approximately 3-4hours outside in the first 5 month after pregnancy. It wasn't intentional (weight wise), but I guess it helped to get some preggo-gained pounds off.
  3. Eat a lot of vegetables, fruits, and greens. Cliche, but true. Try to go with organics if you can.Here  is a list of organics you should buy. Try to snack (not all the time, because you won't ever get full) on fruits and veggies instead of cookies, granola bars, and crackers. Bananas and avocados are high in fat....well, not sure about bananas, but I've read they are fattening.
  4. Run 4-5 times a week. Yes, I know I said the lazy way....but you can't do without it. Even 15-20 minute runs can give you results. I, so far started to run once or twice a week, would definitely do more if my hubby's schedules were a bit more cooperative or if I had a nanny.
  5. Don't over-eat at night. I, of course, do that all the time, for example. Guilt is always following me to the bed after a late evening meal.
  6. Watch out for sugar content!!! I used to check out only saturated fat percentage, until my life-roommate/husband pointed out the sugar levels and what they do to you. Thus, buying a sorbet that is very low in fat can be not that slimming as you thought it'd be, ha!
  7. Drink water instead of juices and pop. I am not even going to explain why pop that has 40g+ of sugar!!!!!!!!!!!!(Pepsi, Sprite, Cola, etc.) should be removed from this world and thrown into the Bermuda Triangle. Juices, even the natural ones are high in natural sugar. I was surprised to see an organic, sugar free juice that contained 38g of sugar. Yayza!!! P.S. I am craving Coca Cola soooo much!!!!! Couldn't drink during pregnancy and now it wouldn't help my breastfeeding.
  8. Buy organic/free- run dairy and meats (if you can). Why?Just ask yourself these questions: Do I like growth hormones? Do I like to eat chickens that were fed and injected with hormones? By the way, please don't try to eliminate meat! You are not going to get skinnier and you need protein. That's not the main reason why your jeans rip ;)
  9. Use light dressing or no dressing at all in green salads. We, Russians and Ukrainians, love sour cream and mayonnaise in all of our salads. Look at all of them! It's all about fat and no greens at all. [Please don't comment by saying: but we are all so beautiful and skinny still. That's such a boring phrase for my ears :)]
  10. Use stairs. If you live in the building, why not use stairs? I, often, wonder why some pregnant, old, disabled, tired, veterans, injured people stand near elevator and complain how slow it is, and then they get off on the 4th floor.
  11. Reduce baked goods intake. This includes breads, cookies, sweet baking goods, crackers, etc. I can't fight the bread monster yet. It always finds a way....Plus, having all these yummy bakeries in the neighborhood doesn't help. By the way, try ACE bakery's Raisin Walnut Oval. Yummm!
  12. Time out your meals. Don't snack every 20 minutes and skip bigger meals. I know that 3 big meals a day isn't great either, but try maybe have 5 of them. It was very hard for me, when I just had my baby. I didn't have time to cook, so I would just snack on "skinny body enemies" : cheeses, crackers, nuts (very high in fat, surprisingly!), milk (that you can't take away from me), and, and, and ...you get the idea. Also, this snacking happens for people who work out of home. They frequently go to the fridge hoping that a cooked meal will appear there, but when they get disappointed upon reality - they eat the evil fat producers.
BONUS: Walk more, use car less. Not only it's great for environment and your wallet, it's great for you. Great news! Your booty had enough contact with the chair/couch, now make it see the world :)

 The only thing you need to purchase for this easy-lazy way of loosing weight is will power and stock up on word "NO!"

Here is an image of hot Meghan Fox to inspire you
My girl-crush Meghan Fox

My Pregnancy Weight: 170lbs
8 month after (now): 115lbs [112lbs when I am good]

2 comments:

  1. 1НАХ! Отлично выглядишь Наташка, молодчинка, так держать! )

    ReplyDelete
  2. now i feel ready to get pregnant )) inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...