Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!




Today is my 1st Mother's Day! Yahoooooo!
My daughter is Elizabeth, who is 8 month old, is too tiny to make a cute little card for me. Yet, she gave me lots of smiles today :) My husband is not much of a fan of "commercial" holidays, so I didn't expect much from him, hehe. However, he gave me 2 hours of sleep this morning and cooked a wonderful breakfast :) Can a mommy ask for more?
I , personally, think this holiday shouldn't be about gifts, but about true appreciation of what a mother does on daily basis. Just one day of even a fake praise. I now understand how a lot of things that moms do go un-noticed and are taken for granted. We sleep less, and wake up several times during the night to tend to a baby or even stay with her/him to calm/soothe her/him., etc., wake up at 5am-7am and put a smile on for the rest of the day without much of complaining of luck of sleep and time to do personal tasks [which I so long to do!].
It's a different life right now that I have a baby, everything is truly revolves around this little cupcake. Nonetheless, I love being a mother! I feel proud of having a huge responsibility over someone's life...it's precious!
Finally, I'd like to thank my dear Mother Sveta for raising me and giving the best she could! She sacrificed a lot for me and my sister, (my husband will probably make a funny gaze, since he is very sceptical of such phrases:)) so we'd have the best life ahead...She is my best friend, and I hope Elizabeth will think of me the same one day :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...