Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Inslee Haynes

You know when in childhood you were bad not interested at physics, chemistry or biology in school ? Yet, there was at least one area that you were good at and that was your pride. In my case, I loved to draw and was known to be a future "top designer" (not my words, hehe).
I loved to draw ladies in cute outfits. I would draw anywhere and everywhere: in my notebook, on napkins, the back sides of print outs from my dad's work, and of course regular sketchbooks...however, it felt too formal to do it in an "appropriate place" like a sketchbook.
At first, I thought I wanted to be a designer; well, if I am drawing ladies in clothes - that should mean that I should be a fashion designer. Even though I drew without any understanding of a garment's structure and complexity of the patterns that it'd require.
Right now, I understand that fashion Illustrator that's the profession I should have been wanting to acquire, not a fashion designer (which I banned from my career master plan back in Grade 11, and went to study the business of fashion).
Not long ago, I was lucky to come across a very talented fashion illustrator Inslee Haynes on Internet. Wow! I was mesmerized with her work and was drawn back into memories of me sketching pretty girls in flirty outfits.
I would like to present you with some of her fantastic sketches. Enjoy!xx
PS. I will post my sketches once I find them for your view and judgement :)

















all images are from inslee.net

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore her drawings, she's like my fav fashion illustrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...