Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Inside Lady Gaga's Workshop


A beautiful arm that is not for sale and belongs to one of the sales associates. 


I would love to have this tea cup and saucer
I am late...
No, not in that way - my male blog readers :) I am late posting this particular post due to being busy moving back to Toronto, packing, unpacking, going to cottage (which also includes packing & unpacking awesome activity), catching up with 40% of friends, preparing for a gazillion holidays, and many more blog- writing- interrupting activities.
Remember my excitement over seeing Gaga Machine, extraordinary Gaga window displays and Barneys and seeing Gaga Workshop ribbon cutting mini ceremony at Barneys. ?
Well, so while in New York, Barney's opened Lady Gaga's Workshop on the 5th floor of the store in November 2011, meaning the whole floor was entirely dedicated to the Mother Monster. Let me tell you, the installations  at the store were very cool; something that I've only seen while browsing through pictures from the Burning Man festival. Yet, more colourful. I visited that floor about 3 times ...I was looking for something...was looking for something (looks away).
The array of merchandise consisted of about 40 different pieces that included assorted baked goods with Gaga's face or ornaments, t-shirts, baby onesies, keychains, glasses, make-up, nail art, tea cups, "Gaga"-snowball, stickers, books, tote bags, head pieces, etc. The prices for these monster goods were on the above of what I'd pay level, meaning quality vs. price wasn't great. Basically dollar store stuff with Gaga's emblems. I just got a keychain for my lovely sister, who is a Gagaga's fan.
25% of sales on the "paw" floor will be donated to the "Born This Way" foundation.
Workshop will be at Barneys until mid January 2012, I believe. So, hurry up to check this wonderful playhouse of Gaga while your stay in New York. I am sure it will be a mega interesting unknown- to- your- usual- tourists tourist activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...