Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Giraffe Obsession

Most of my friends know that I am quite obsessed with everything that has to do with giraffes,
especially little statues of them.
I remember how in Great 8 in Ukraine I used to accompany, yes accompany, since I wasn't a big fan of that class, my sister to the 7pm class where the students used to make little 18th century-inspired  ladies. As a redhead, I rebelled against making something that everyone else was making, so I started a line of different statues of giraffes: giraffes with 3 necks, giraffes with twisted necks, giraffes with funny necks, and so on. The teacher closed her eyes on my fabulous creations, but then she found them amusing and quite innovative :)
Recently, me, Eli, and my lovely friend Lena visited Anthropologie in Yorkville  after her 3 hour short lunch break. In a home section, I came upon my favorite animal in bronze color with a candlestick holder on his back - and I instantly knew that it belonged in my house. However, after getting home I discovered via sister-Internet that my new giraffe friend has 2 siblings that weren't offered at the store anymore. Ahhh, sad reality...I hope I will be able to find his long lost brothers and sisters.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...