Sunday, October 30, 2011

MoMa NYC

Past Friday I had a cultural outing to the MoMa NYC to see how the "modernism" of it differs from MoMa in San Francisco. I must say it is interesting to an extent, but mostly (I hate to sound negative) - I feel like the space of that sort of a  museum in the centre of any major city - is just a waste of space. Some art is just way too modern to take so much space. If you think, anything can be art; absolutely everything can have a significant meaning behind itself. I am for 100% up for new creative thinking, for new discoveries, new materials being used, crippled dog paining with a brush from his nostril, etc., but not a white large painted canvas, which significance is in the type of brush the artist has used. Please agree with me?

2 comments:

  1. agreed! i find that there's quiet a few modern artists that can connect some very random philosophical concepts/ideas with something very unexpected using with a bit of research, imagination and connections.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...